Everything from ordering a meal, booking a cab, to pay your bill has shifted to mobile today. And without any confusion, mobile is leading this revolution.
Today’s shoppers are making mobile the biggest disruption in consumerism to browse everything online than the other devices. With ‘mobile first’ becoming the norm, mobile apps are not only on the top chart list but are also impactful.
According to recent research, 69.4% of users use their mobile phones for online shopping.
Let’s have more insights into this mobile-first journey:
- 6 out of 10 shoppers say that the possibility of shopping via mobile is an essential factor in brand selection.
- Mobile web traffic is responsible for 54.8% of international web traffic.
- 70% of the total digital media time in the US is spent on smartphones.
With ‘mobile first’ becoming the benchmark, mobile apps are growing exponentially. And with this collecting payments from customers is rising.
The COVID-19 pandemic has removed the ‘Cash on Delivery’ option from all online shopping apps due to chances of infection; integrating secure and easy-to-use payment gateways has become the only choice for all online retailers.
Payment is one of the most important steps in the customer journey and hence the online apps should assure the payment solutions or gateways they integrate must deliver an optimized and flawless payment experience. Besides, the payment experience always looks like an extra extension of the whole app experience.
Right from interactive UI to fraud protections, there are many things you should consider before integrating your app with a payment gateway. Here are some:
- Ease of Integration: The integration should be easy and take a minimum time for the developer. Also, the update should be easily handled by the merchants, and the SDK size should be lighter so that it won’t take up much space in the user’s device.
- User Interface: The UI should ensure the customer a secure gateway and it should land on a mobile-friendly bank page. You should also consider customization as a key aspect while you integrate a payment gateway.
- Payment Analytics: Due to several aspects, including double payment, refunds, dropoffs, etc. analytics is important while integrating. Such analytics include average page loading time, the mobile network used (2G, 3G, 4G, etc.), receipt of bank OTP, and more. This helps to identify and resolve issues related to such issues.
Nifty Features and Plugins: Nifty features like auto-reading OTP enhance customer experience by saving a lot of manual efforts. Card-saving feature is another benefit that makes purchasing easy for customers. Razorpay offers both of these features.
- Settlement Period: Fast payment settlement is one of the most important features you should consider before integrating a payment gateway. It ensures seamless purchasing and also boosts customer experience.
Why Razorpay and how do we integrate for a customer?
Razorpay is one of the top payment solutions and one of our customers wanted to integrate the same with their app. A slight issue occurred. The built-in API of Razorpay creates invoices that look like a challan. Invoice generation in Razorpay is more of a challan type of bill which has a button for payment to be done. And it does not cater to the need for an Invoice.
Where both challan and invoices are different from each other.
So what we did was, developed a code to create invoices using AWS Lambda and AWS DynamoDB with AWS serverless. It enabled fetching data from tables and payments.
The invoice needs some parameters like SGST and CGST as per the client’s requirements. Also, the client logo needed to be put on the invoice. Using serverless and S3, we could achieve this. The invoice generation is integrated with the payment verification webhook. As soon as a payment is verified and successfully received, an invoice generation lambda function is called. The generated invoice was done using python canvas.
We created a downloadable invoice stored in the S3 bucket for future retrieval.
Meet carries extensive work experience and currently leads our organization as an efficient Tech Lead. He loves to learn new technologies. In his free time, he likes painting, sketching, coding and cooking.