EMFI Group is an intelligence-driven financial services company with a focus on global emerging markets. EMFI delivers up-to-date market color from major financial centers of the world to local investors who might operate in a very different context.
In this case study, we will describe how AAIC helped EMFI to achieve migration and modernization for their Financial Services Application. The efforts on deploying, maintaining, and supporting the existing applications were reduced with the help of AWS Services. Also, How EMFI achieved optimal automation and DevOps on their platforms.
Applied AI Consulting (AAIC) is a bespoke AI and Cloud Consulting Service. The core team is comprised of industry veterans with cumulative 25+ years of experience in building, architecting, and delivering cutting-edge technology solutions focused on solving customer pain points.
The proposal covers the engagement of AAIC with EMFI, a leader in an intelligence-driven financial company. The engagement is focused on Cloud operations and DevOps for EMFI workloads and CIs in the AWS cloud.
The AAIC engineers team worked with EMFI technical leadership and the Product owner team to develop modernized business solutions Primarily involving the below objectives.
- Containerizing the EMFI application using AWS ECS Fargate service.
- Building CI/CD pipeline for EMFI application using AWS Developer tools such as Code Build, CodePipeline, and CodeDeploy services which will automatically build and deploy application code to the ECS cluster every time code changes.
- Setting up ALB which distributes the incoming traffic across containers which automatically
- Setting up Operations/Monitoring dashboard with the help of AWS Cloudwatch service.
The dashboard includes details about ECS services like CPU/Memory utilization, Disk Space
utilization, Network Insights, ECS service task status, and ECS service deployment status.
- Help in migrating private GitLab to public SaaS GitHub.
- Automating the scaling of the application with the implementation of cloudwatch alarms and
app auto-scaling policies. These policies involve target tracking policies and scheduled-based
policies that will increase or decrease task count in ECS service based on the specified criteria
or schedule to handle the workload.
- Creating application infrastructure with AWS services using Terraform. This includes building a scalable and secure network layer (using AWS VPC, AWS WAF, NACL, VPC Endpoints, etc.), database layer (using AWS RDS) and application layer with logging and monitoring enabled (using AWS ECS, AWS Cloudwatch, etc.)
Architecture defines a high-level model of solution and describes how the resources are interlinked with each other. Within the AWS the architecture utilized load balancers to distribute incoming traffic across ECS Fargate containers which provided stability across the application.
Deployed AWS Services
|AWS Service||Usage of service|
|ECS||Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) is a highly scalable, fast container management service that makes it easy to run, stop, and manage containers on a cluster.|
|ECS Cluster||An Amazon ECS cluster is a regional grouping of one or more container instances on which you can run task requests.|
|ECS Task Definition||Task definition is basically the blueprint describing the docker containers that are used to run the application|
|ECS Service||Service defines the minimum and the maximum tasks that are running from a single task definition at any given point.|
|EC2 Instance||EC2 stands for Elastic Compute Cloud. It is nothing but a basic computer virtually present in AWS cloud which you can access and do whatever you can do on a basic computer.|
|VPC||A virtual private cloud (VPC) is a secure, isolated private cloud hosted within a public cloud.|
|ALB||The Application Load Balancer is a feature of Elastic Load Balancing that allows a developer to configure and route incoming end-user traffic to applications based in the AWS public cloud.|
|IAM||AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables you to manage access to AWS services and resources securely.|
|RDS||Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud.|
Results and Benefits
- Being on AWS open ups an array of new services and technologies that are now significantly
more accessible to the average IT group.
- Being on AWS opens up new possibilities to integrate including best-of-breed tools & services
to connect to other systems.
- The use of Terraform provides create, change, and version infrastructure safely and version infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Elasticity, load balancing, and the capability to scale automatically are a big bonus.
About the Partner
AAIC is a digital technology services company providing Digital Engineering, Cloud Engineering services, and AI-powered Digital Marketing services. We design & build digital platforms and products with Cloud and Opensource at the focal point by working on cutting-edge technologies.